Why you should cleanse, tone and moisturise daily, and what I use

Since I've started my college course (Theatrical and Media Make Up) one of the most important things I've learnt is how to look after the skin. I'm already aware of how the skin ages and how to look after it, so of course I'm preparing!

An easy way to take care of you skin is to daily:
Cleanse - use a face wash or scrub, that suits your skin.
Tone - use a toner that is appropriate for your skin type and dab it on with a cotton pad. 
Moisturise - a suitable cream for your face and neck.

The cleanser, toner and moisturiser that you should use will depend on the type of skin you have. There are four different types of skin to have, oily, dry, normal, or combination. Few people have normal skin that has no problems, if you do, you're lucky!! You can use any products you choose :) if you have oily skin, you will have to find the products that say suitable for oily skin, maybe go for a tea tree, product. If you have dry skin, you really have to be careful with the products you use as to make sure they don't damage your skin. Go for something with not many artificial ingredients. For example, if you have combination skin which most people have, (like me) you will have to find a product that will suit both of your skin types, or use different products in different areas. My skin type is oily and normal, so I would use products to treat the oily areas (mainly my t-zone and my chin) but make sure they're not too strong, that they end up drying out and damaging the normal areas of my skin.

The purpose of a cleanser is to clean that first layer of dirt off your skin and to open up the pores with the warm water. Once the pores are open and after you have rinsed your face clean and patted it dry, use a cotton pad with some toner on and wipe the whole face and neck in a downward movement to clear out the dirt that has sunken into your pores. You'll be surprised at the dirt that comes off!! Allow your face to dry and then proceed to apply your suitable moisturiser all over the face and neck.

This whole process can be done within ten minutes but is a vital part of your skincare routine! And don't forget to get your makeup off every night before you go to sleep, even if you're not wearing much and don't want to cleanse, tone and moisturise, take your makeup off with a wipe just so it's not sitting on top of your skin all night.

The products I personally use on my skin, are any good facial scrub or cleanser to really clear the dead skin and oil off my face. Right now I'm really into St. Ives, apricot scrub.
The toner I use is a tea tree one from The Body Shop, it's the first one I've ever used but I think it's great for me, I'm really a big fan of tea tree. ^.^
My personal moisturiser is Simple light moisturiser because it's light and not too heavy or thick for my skin but still gives me the coverage I need.

I hope this has helped a little. Be good to your skin and it will repay you in time. :) 

Comments

Popular Posts