Why my cats are taken care of, and not spoiled

Why my cats are taken care of, and not spoiled.

This is something I am really passionate about and I feel that something needs to be said. I love my cats, I am definitely, a crazy cat lady. I love them like my children (I'm only 18) but I baby them, I rock them, I spoil them and always think about them. I have three cats currently, Mandy (9) Sonny (7 months) and Simba (10 months). Although I am a cat person, I wrote this with all pets in mind.

A pet is an animal you accept into your life and agree to look after as long you both live. When you bring a pet into the family, you take on a life that will always need your care until the end, when you have a pet you should be wanting to give it the best quality of life you can until the end, not just because it's cute at the time. Pets need love, they need security, warmth, comfort, food, clean water, toys, care and attention. I consider anything less than this, mistreatment. My cats get all of the above and every pet since I've been alive that we have taken in as part of the family has. If you have a pet and it passes away, and you do not feel like a loved family member has been lost, you're doing it wrong. Even the simplest thing, such as a name, is important. It is now basic common knowledge, that if you give a living thing a name, it does better in life than a living thing without a name. My cats have their first names and our last family name. This morning, I have let Mandy in after a toilet trip outside, fussed her and gave her food, I have played football with my kitten Sonny, and attempted to give him cuddles but it's kinda hard when he keeps attacking me with his big boy claws and teeth. As I write this he is currently running about the house like a wild child and jumping up walls like Spider-Man. >.> kittens do this, just like little toddlers cause havoc and get into everything too. Do you put them outside? No, of course not.

Imagine a full grown boxer dog, he belongs to a family who don't really care or give him any attention and don't show him any love. He is locked outside in the garden in all weathers, harsh winters, boiling summers. The only time he is let inside is to be fed twice a day, the same home brand biscuits that he has been given all his life. He lives in a wooden kennel with a bowl of water that never gets cleaned out just topped up. Is this dog happy? No. Is this dog being treated humanely? No. Yes he gets fed and is allowed to stay on the property but he doesn't get fussed, he isn't part of the family and no one really cares about him. This is not fair as every living being deserves to be treated equally and not as a lower class citizen, whether it's a cat, a dog, a homeless person, or a full grown horse that rarely shows emotions. Animals are not there to be used and abused, they are not on Earth to be looked down upon or considered lucky when somebody loves them.

If you think about it, we humans still don't even treat each other with respect and give our own people everything they need, so why would I expect that we would do this for another species that can't tell us how they feel. :( This is the sad truth, and why if anybody tried to justify the way they treat an animal if it's anything less than this they are wrong. I would like you to take from this article an awareness, so that the next time you see a stray animal you pay them a little love and human kindness. Next time you look at your pet and think I should play with you but I'm too lazy to move, do it, because you will make their day and they will appreciate it even if they can't tell you with words.

Comments

Popular Posts