Korean 'doll' makeup tutorial

I am a HUGE fan of anything to do with Japanese, Korean or Chinese culture. 
I love the fashions, the makeup and the hair. I spend a lot of my time researching them and incorporating them into my own style, so I thought I would attempt my own makeup tutorial, using my skills and adding a Korean twist! 

Okay, so to start I cleansed, toned and moisturised as always before I start a makeup look. 
After moisturising, I applied my concealer on the areas where my skin is blemished or darker. In my case, under the eyes and on my pimples. I use Sephora's fix and correct concealer. Next, I apply my foundation. I use No7 stay perfect foundation and apply it with my beauty blender sponge.

Korean and most Asian makeup focuses on the eyes, the aim is to accentuate the shape and to make them appear larger. To do this, I applied a white eyeliner, inside my waterline to make it appear that it was also a part of my eyeball. Next, I used an ivory chunky liner to line the underneath of my lower lashes, this makes it reflective to the light. On the top lid I use a black eye pencil to draw a thin line on top of my lashes, at the end of the lid instead of curving up like most people do, curve the line down slightly. This will give a doe-eyed look to make you look innocent. On my lid I used a glitter, marigold colour all over the lid and almost up to the brow bone. *K-pop girls love the glittery eyes!* finally you can add some mascara and curl your lashes. Fake lashes aren't really used in Korean makeup, they much prefer a natural lash look, so to fit in add a couple sweeps of black mascara and curl :)

Underneath the eyes and just on top of your cheek bones you can add a small amount of pinky, coral colour. It will give the desired, doll effect. To achieve this you could use lipstick but I had the perfect coral blusher so that's what I used. I was actually surprised how cute it looked and how much I liked it being there.



For the lips, girls in Korea use a gradient effect I imagine to create a baby doll lip look. What you need is squirt out a tiny amount of foundation and dab it all over your lips and blend it out, either with your finger or a sponge. Once that's done you can pick your desired lip colour and dab some in the middle and along the inside of your top and bottom lip. I don't advise picking too bold of a colour as it may not blend out well. I went for a hot pink for the middle and a coral dabbed on the outside of my lips. Once it's blended it looks quite cute.



Add some cute accessories, pair with a cute outfit and ta-da! You're a kawaii doll ^.^ enjoy and experiment with your makeup, I know I'll definitely be using Korean makeup again. If you want to know what products I used I've added a photo with everything I used today. Have fun creating your look!




Comments

Popular Posts