Last minute travels and helpful tips

This weekend I'm jetting off to Florida to visit a loved one and I thought I could blog about it because, it's one of the most exciting yet stressful things you can do! Earlier this week I was in a totally different mindset, feeling down, lost, confused. I have an urge to travel and explore, I feel like there's a need inside me that can only be satisfied by travel and experience of new places. It's a wonderful but sometimes overwhelming thing to feel. So after an encouraging word from my mom, I booked a flight! It's the most spontaneous of my travels so far, and I'm hoping not the last.

The planning
Buying aeroplane tickets is one thing but after that millions of other things need to be considered and worked out. (Well not millions to be exact hehe) Another tip! DO NOT ENTER USA WITHOUT A RETURN TICKET! I cannot stress this enough this is something I did and nearly got deported for but luckily I had money then and there to buy one with an immigration officer. You will be sent home.

Insurance - This is something I dislike buying, but I know you must not fly abroad without. It insures you against different things depending on the level of cover you buy. Personally, I prefer to buy the cheapest and most basic. During my short years of travelling alone, I've never needed my insurance yet and as a person who watches her pennies, it nags me to have to pay the money out make sure you shop around to get the cheapest.

Bank and travel cash - As I've learned from experience, if you don't inform your bank of your travels, they will cut off your card and leave you stranded in a foreign country alone without money. This is most definitely a stress you do not need! It's easy to take care of, just phone up your bank or go into a local branch and inform them of your travels, where you're going and how long you'll be gone. Takes minutes but can save a world of hassle. Another thing, change your cash while you're at home, when you get in the airport abroad you're going to need money for food, lunch, if you're changing planes, or in need of some thing that you have forgotten in the whirl wind that is, last minute travels. Carry it in your purse. Another tip! Don't use your card abroad if you can help it, I didn't find this out until after my three month stay in the USA using my card frequently, I hate to admit it but I didn't even total the amount of money they took from me, I was too scared of the total.

Visa -You will not be allowed in the country if you do not possess one of these. This takes minutes to do and at the current price is only $14 dollars for a tourist visa into the US.

Travel to the airport for you flight out and in - The most important thing that you need to focus on is getting to the airport on time. Plan your journey, check out different routes and travel methods and try to get there at least two hours early. If you miss that flight then the whole thing will have been for nothing. The last thing you want to be doing on the date of your exciting journey is stressing because a train has been cancelled or your car has broken down. Plenty of extra time and a backup plan will always come in useful.

Print all your information off - Make sure you can print off your itinerary and insurance policy and that's it's safe, kept by your passport and your foreign currency.

Pack your case - Last minute and short holidays should be enjoyed and looked forward to, so don't spend your time worrying about what to wear and how it's all going to fit. Write yourself a list of basics and travel as light as possible. You don't want to be carrying extras or extremely valuable valuables that aren't necessarily needed.
Once you've packed, and got everything together and sorted tick it off the list and relax, deep breath, and exhale.
Have a great journey, and enjoy your trip!



Comments

Popular Posts